Friday, August 23, 2019

Magic path current challenge: day of gratitudes

Try to find reasons to be grateful to everyone you meet. A few seconds may be enough to recall some of their quality or gift that you appreciate. "My friends believed that I was crazy and kept hoping that I would return from my craziness. I didn't see them in about twelve years", he concluded. After twelve years passed, Castaneda would meet again with them. He first looked for one of his friends who put him in contact with the rest of them. They then planned to meet, and get together to eat dinner. That day they had a good time; they ate a lot and their friends got drunk. To find myself with them after all those years was my way of showing my gratitude for the friendship that they had offered me before, said Castaneda Now all are grown. They all have their families, spouses, children...It was necessary, nevertheless, that I thank them. Only in that way could I definitely terminate with them and end a stage of my life. It is possible that Castaneda's friends don't understand anything he is doing, but the fact that he wanted to thank them was something very beautiful. Castaneda didn't pretend anything with them. He sincerely thanked them for their friendship, and in doing so, freed himself internally from all that past. Interview: Carlos Castaneda, Graciela Corvalan (1985) Type: losing self-importance Difficulty: low