Thursday, November 14, 2019

Morning Madness

Madness woke me up this morning.
Anger is my ember burning. 
Fearless because I'm yearning.
For the clock's gears are turning.
Closer to eternal sleep.
Closer to those who are grim and reap.

But if one reaps what they sow.
Then I would surely know.
That my current state is what I seek.
Careful of the words you speak.
This world belongs not to the meek.
So all the fighters of evil liars.
They can end up just like me.

We are all clowns.
Welcome to clown world.
These are the memes of your little boys and girls.
And those who have no means. 
To do what they mean to.
In this mean world.

But like a pinholes worth of light.
In a vast sea of darkness.
Watch me spark this.
And give heart to the heartless.

So carry on with a clown's smile upon your face.
Because even those who've done you wrong. 
Are still part of the human race.
Just an angel in disgrace.
And how they react to you.
Decides if they some day will end up in your place.
With their upside down frowns.
Turned upside down.

So let out a maniacal laugh.
Because this world isn't a tragedy. 
No, you see it's quite a gas. 
That eternal sleep you sought.
Is likely not the last.
Karma is the 100th problem.
When 99 have come to pass.
And always chuckles last.

By JM Talboo