Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Why I can't support Black lives matter



Related:

Who is Criticizing Black Lives Matter?

TRUMP EXECUTIVE: BLACK LIVES HAVE HISTORICALLY MATTERED LESS

citizensfortrump.com
An executive for the Eric Trump Foundation made the case on the floor of the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night that black lives have historically mattered less than the lives of others.
Lynne Patton, a black woman and an assistant to Eric Trump, son of the GOP presidential nominee, thrilled convention with a spirited argument that Donald Trump will repair racial divisions in the U.S.
“There’s not one person in this room who can dispute that historically black lives have mattered less,” she said. “My life mattered less. And whether we like it or not, there are people out there who still believe this to be true. As a minority myself, I personally pledge to you that Donald Trump knows that my life matters, that your life matters, that LGBT lives matter. He knows that veteran lives matter and he knows that blue lives matter.”
The crowd cheered and many came to their feet.
“I’m proud to stand here tonight and support Donald trump not in spite of the color of my skin, but because of the color of my skin,” she said.
###
Courtesy Jonathan Easley @TheHill.com